Eighteen things I learnt/was reminded of in 2017
1. Happiness is NOW. Not worrying about the past or the future; it is living in the moment and enjoying every bit of it.
2. Being single is GREAT. (old on-going news here) If you’ve always had a bf, but are currently single, may I invite you to be single for a year. Take yourself on dates. Enjoy your own company. Love yourself.
3. There is life outside of rodeo and barrel racing. Crazy, I know.
4. What you put out to the world is what you will attract. You manifest your life all day long.
5. If you feel like the world is crashing around you, write a list of things you’re grateful for. Ask your friends what they’re grateful for, or what they’re excited about.
6. If you don’t ask, or take the chance, you will never know.
7. Money isn’t everything. Time is.
8. Friends come and go. People you think would be around forever can drop in a heartbeat. Thats okay. It means you’re growing, and thats what you want to do. Grow. You are who you hang around; specifically the five people you spend the most time with
9. Push your damn self. But also surround yourself with people who will push you too.
10. Karma is real.
11. Promoting what you LOVE instead of bashing what you HATE is so much more satisfying.
12. If you think you sound great singing at 1am around the campfire, check your Snapchat in the morning when you’ve sobered up.. #weinfactarenottheJudds
13. Learn from those you look up to. They might love to take you under their wing and teach you.
14. Say yes to adventures.
15. Talk less. Listen more. People need to be heard, and we often forget to just listen.
16. There is such thing as laughing so hard you puke
17. Waffle mix will look like potato soup when in similar containers at 4am.
18. Always tell people you care about that you love them and enjoy every moment spent with them.
Highlights of 2017
– becoming an Auntie to my best friends beautiful babe, Blayk Jayne
– getting laid off from a job I was at for 6.5 years
– helping with the Ty Pozzbon Foundation
– Longview, Alberta
– Eureka, Montana
– Dominican Republic
– being in the sun every moment possible
– meeting Sherry Cervi at the Calgary Stampede
– seeing Kacey Musgraves in concert with my bestie
– meeting Miranda Lambert
– november project
– making new friends
– hosting my high school reunion with one of my oldest friends
– buying ‘Bobby McGee’ (sweet camper van) with three of my girlfriends
– learning what happiness really is
– staying single
– being asked to be in my best friends wedding
– volunteering at a kids Christmas Party
*seawheeze half marathon*
minimum 2 posts on LCB Monthly
learn to play guitar
make bank off LCB
read two books per month
buy a camera, dabble in photography
learn new skills
best physical and mental health
To Do List
road trips with Bobby McGee (the van)
hike the mountains
go back to Montana
hit up Pendleton in September
take a personal development course
say ‘yes’ more often
drink less alcohol
spend less money
spend more time with friends and loved ones
try new restaurants
read 1-2 books
unfollow unnecessary people on social media
two blog posts minimum
have coffee with a close friend
farmers market/buy local
gym, run or stretch
drink all the water
spread kindness and positivity