Inner beauty is great, but a little mascara never hurt…
Makeup is an art, it really is. When I went through high school I wore it, played around, thought it looked good but couldn’t tell you the difference between foundation and concealer.. or have any clue what primer is, why did you need to prime your face anyways? Set your under eyes after you conceal…and what the heck is contouring?
Just like everything else around us, makeup and beauty is evolving into so much more than it was decades ago. If you’re lucky enough to be perfectly comfortable in your bare skin all the time, then I envy you, and so do many other girls. Makeup isn’t just to cover up blemishes, bags, or skin discoloration anymore rather than to accentuate your strong features and bring out the fire! After researching and watching far too many hours of makeup tutorials I have come to terms with some tips and tricks that work for me personally, as well as collection of my favorite products!
Top 5 Drugstore Products:
– Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Treatment Concealer
– L’Oreal True Match Foundation
– Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Color
– L’Oreal 24 hour Infallible Eye Shadow(Iced Latte Color is my personal favorite)
– Maybelline Master Prime: Blur & Redness Control
Top 10 Name Brand Products:
– Kat Von D Shade + Light Contour Pallete
– MAC Pro Longwear Concealer
– Makeup Forever Ultra HD Foundation Stick
– Bite lipstick duo: Latte & Cortado Shades
– Morphe Brushes Eyeshadow Pallette’s…any of them! Don’t let the price fool you they are so pigmented and high quality!
– Becca Cosmetics Pressed Shimmering Skin Perfector (Highlight) in “Moonstone” or “Champagne Pop”
– MAC “Refined Golden” Bronzer
– Stila “Stay All Day” liquid eyeliner pen
– Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo OR Brow Wiz
– NYX Suede Liquid Lipsticks
Top 10 Beauty Tips for Beginners:
– Prime, Foundation, Conceal, Set.
– Once powder is on, avoid liquids again or you will cause caking..
– Always prime your eyes… you don’t want any creasing or transferring.
– If you’re using a very full coverage concealer, always, always set it with a powder after.
– Concealer is always a lighter shade than your foundation.
– Applying your eye makeup first is beneficial if you are using eye shadow in order to prevent fall out from your pigments descending to your cheeks and ruining your face makeup.
– When using false lashes, fit them to your eye and let the glue get sticky before attempting to set them on & tweezers always help.
– Blending is key, and so are good brushes! You don’t want any harsh lines!
– Applying black eyeliner to your waterline will make your eyes look smaller, but white eyeliner will brighten them up and make you look less tired!
– Cater to your skin type, it makes a world of difference to use proper products and application steps to suit your skins needs(oily, dry, etc.)
10 Daily Makeup Steps:
– Eye Shadow
For any questions or inquiries please check out my Instagram page @mua_brittanyforsyth and Direct Message me, or Facebook message me! I am available in the Red Deer area for all of your Graduation, Wedding, or Everyday bookings! Stay tuned for a collaboration that Lipstick & Cowboy Boots and I have in our heads for the upcoming Summer Season Event!