Twenty things I learnt/was reminded of in 2018
1. Happiness is NOW. Not worrying about the past or the future; it is living in the moment and enjoying every bit of it.
2. Being single is GREAT. Being with someone you love is GREAT. To be happy either way, you better love the shit out of yourself first.
3. There is life outside of rodeo and barrel racing. Crazy, I know.
4. What you put out to the world is what you will attract. You manifest your life all day long.
5. If you feel like the world is crashing around you, write a list of things you’re grateful for. Ask your friends what they’re grateful for, or what they’re excited about.
6. If you don’t ask, or take the chance, you will never know.
7. Money isn’t everything. Time is. Though a job you love that pays you is wonderful
8. Friends come and go. People you think would be around forever can drop in a heartbeat. Thats okay. It means you’re growing, and thats what you want to do. Grow. You are who you hang around; specifically the five people you spend the most time with
9. Push your damn self. But also surround yourself with people who will push you too.
10. Karma is real.
11. Promoting what you LOVE instead of bashing what you HATE is so much more satisfying.
12. If you think you sound great singing at 1am around the campfire, check your Snapchat in the morning when you’ve sobered up..
13. Learn from those you look up to. They might love to take you under their wing and teach you.
14. Say yes to adventures.
15. Talk less. Listen more. People need to be heard, and we often forget to just listen.
16. There is such thing as laughing so hard you puke
17. Laughter really is the best medicine; for break ups, for a bad day, for everything.
18. Always tell people you care about that you love them and enjoy every moment spent with them.
19. You deserve the world. Dont settle for less. Everyone has flaws, so find someone with flaws you can handle
20. Lean on your friends when in need, and you can get through anything
Highlights of 2018
– running a 5km, a 10km and a half marathon (21.5km)
– getting a job that I absolutely LOVE
– Vancouver, BC
– Arizona x2
– Dashboard Confessional
– Nelly in Grande Prairie
– Anthrax, & Killswitch Engage
– Tyler Childers in Missoula, Montana
– Clay Walker
– Michelle Obama with my Grandma, Mom & Sister
– MLB (Arizona) NHL (Oilers) NFL (Arizona)
– helping with the Ty Pozzobon Foundation again
– Hale Wedding
– november project & run collective
– winning a guitar in a spelling bee at a bar in Vancouver with my childhood neighbour
– golfing/trying to
– the worst sunburn of my life from Gull Lake – still have the tan line
– running, so much running
– Calgary Stampede with Candace for the jr steer riding
– learning about AI’ing dairy cows
– got a boyfriend
– being on camera for The Runaway with Equine TV
– family gatherings
– learning to play polo
– running and finishing a half marathon/21.5km in 2:19:20 (average at best)
– another wonderful G3 event
– moved out (again)
– realizing my self worth
– driving 3,400km for work in a week, so much time to clear your mind, or go crazy
– became single again
– celebrate life long friends 29th trip around the sun
-spur of the moment trip to Canmore
*seawheeze half marathon* or another half
10km races – two
5km races – three
run collective weekly
g3 event bigger and better
back on camera at The Runaway
spring heat jackpot with 200+entries
learn to play guitar, specifically the one I won
make bank off LCB
read a book a month
ride horses again, whose ponies can I jump on?
become a better golfer and get better at throwing darts
better physical and mental health
To Do List
hike the mountains
go back to Montana
take a personal development course
say ‘yes’ more often
drink less alcohol
budget my life
spend more time with friends and loved ones
try new restaurants
read a book
unfollow unnecessary people on social media
one blog posts minimum
have coffee with a close friend
farmers market/buy local
gym, run or stretch
drink all the water
spread kindness and positivity